Theresa Senft (author of Camgirls that we read) answered questions for Leandra Preston's class ""Virtual Girls: Girls and Digital Media" at the University of Central Florida in 2011 via video. These are cogent articulations of some of the issues we have been thinking about throughout the semester and inherently argue against digital dualism and the hierarchy and binary of virtual/real, online/offline.
1. Are people more honest offline or online?
2. Can you have sustainable friendships online?
3. What should be the role of the net in “real” activism offline?
4. How well do you think your viewers know you?
5. Why are all the camgirl sites devoted to porn now?
6. What about pre-teens and young teens who want to become camgirls?
7. Can you speak about creating “safe spaces” for women and others?